Survivor

Survivor

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Ben's Doctor Appointment

We went for Ben's visit in Louisville today and it went really well. Ben received Vinchristine in his port IV. I really love the nurse he had today. He had her last time too, but she is lightning fast at accessing his port. Normally he screams and we have to hold him down, but she is so fast and gentle that he barely made any noise the last two times!! Thank you Jesus for Tammy!!
We saw Dr. Cheervo today for the first time and I really like her. She seems really interested in the natural supplements Ben is taking. Most of the Dr's have just kinda turned up their noses at us, which doesn't really matter because I know they are working but she took the card of the Naturopathic Dr. that we work with at Cancer Treatment Centers of America so she could follow up with him. I called the Naturopathic's office a few hours after I got home and she had already put in a call so I am really happy to see that she is genuinely interested in it.
Dr. Cheervo said that Ben does have a really bad cough and she thinks it is due to drainage from his congestion so it should go away soon.
Ben has not had a fever since the ER. PRAISE THE LORD!!! I am sure it is bound to happen again but I hope and pray that it doesn't.

I love you all. Thank you for your prayers.
Love Jamie

1 comment:

  1. Been praying for Ben and you all too! Thanking God for Tammy and Dr. Cheervo, too. Praying Ben heals soon (cough and all) and everything with the family is well, too. Love, April

    ReplyDelete

Followers