Survivor

Survivor

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Wednesday Afternoon

I feel like I need to mention yet again how amazing our support has been. I am waking every morning with one of my first thoughts being of the huge numbers of prayers that are being made daily for Ben. Thank you so much.

Yesterday was a fairly easy day for Ben. Matt and I devoted the whole day to playing with him and cuddling with him. He was quiet but seemed to enjoy his day. The entire day was pretty uneventful until the evening. At six o'clock Ben had to have an injection in each thigh of his "P.E.G." another chemo drug. They numbed up his legs prior to the injection but he still felt them. He is a little champ though, took it like a man. I feel like my baby shouldn't have to take it so well but I am sure God is giving him a special strength reserved just for little ones. I know God is holding him tighter than me through this. Late in the night he told me he had to go potty and I got up and pulled back the covers and his sheets were soaked with blood. AAAGGGHH I ran into the hall probably white as a ghost and got the nurses. Ben had wiggled & tossed so much trying to go to sleep he had pulled a part his IV. Luckily they just had to clean it out and reattach the IV because he didn't pull out the needle. Then this morning the IV hose broke and they had to take out the needle in his port. But even though that wasn't the best we did make the best of it. I was able to give him a shower and let him stand in it as long as he wanted. Showers are comforting for him so he took a looooooooong one. They aren't going to hook a needle up for a couple of hours so he gets a long break were he doesn't have to be hooked up to any cords of any kind. Olivia came today to see him during the time were he wasn't hooked up so they got to play freely. We pulled them around on his floor in a wagon, then they walked around the floor out of the wagon. He was sad when she left but he was also tired from playing hard with her. It was good for him to see her.....Matt and I realized they have never been apart before. Poor guy he loves his "Sissy".
We are praying we get to go home soon!! Maybe tomorrow or the next day. It all depends on some paperwork getting done. Hopefully they won't take too much more time getting it done.

We love you all for your support!! Thank you for all the wonderful Birthday wishes....I had a surprise Serenade from some very special peoples....Matt brought in a cake and lit some candles and almost gave me a heart attack because the hospital has smoke detectors and I was afraid he would set off the sprinklers and get us in trouble :) Crazy Man!! Thank you EVERYONE!!

2 comments:

  1. Matt I can see the grin on your face now when Jamie started protesting the candles! You are a great son! Thank you for blessing and taking care of my daughter the way you do. I love you anyway but I really can see that grin in my mind tonight. Mommmmmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Matt and Jamie,
    I am so sorry ya'll are having a difficult time. I wanted you to know that I've been praying for your family and especially, Ben, many times a day. I hope that today is a good day for ya'll.
    Love, Jennifer Thames

    ReplyDelete

Followers