Survivor

Survivor

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sunday

Hello Friends & Family,

Here I am at home on my own computer with Ben in my lap. We made cookies this morning, he had a bath, he took his many medicines like a very good boy. He had a wonderful night with us and we are excited to pick up Olivia tomorrow from Aunt Jill's. We miss her so much and Ben is very happy she will be coming home soon to see him.
Ben says he is very happy. He also said that his bath made him feel all better :). I think his bath made him smell better too. :) The hospital soap does not smell very good. He has been watching cartoons today and hanging out in his P.J.'s and snuggling with Daddy. What a blessed day to be home and feel a little bit of normalcy.
Ben's next Doctor's appointment and Chemo treatment should be one week from tomorrow. We are glad for a break for his sake. We are praying for no fevers or sickness that would bring us back to the hospital and Ben is very strong willed about going back to church. We will have to wait until his ANC( a calculation of his white blood count and his neutrophils) are about 250. Even then we will have to be very careful with handwashing and staying away from sick people but at least he will be able to get out of the house for a time.

Love you all,

Jamie

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that Ben is back home!!! I know you and Matt are so tired but overjoyed to be back with all your family. I hope and pray that everything will go well with Ben and that he can stay at home for a while. Please know that I am praying for all of you. God is GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie,

    I'm Matthew's 3rd Cousin and Katherine sent me this link. I want you guys to know I'm praying for Ben and the entire family. I'm glad to see Ben is home. Please take care.

    Brett Matens

    ReplyDelete

Followers